I saw the angels sing a long to wake up the beautiful sleeping world

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stress

It seems like the schedule developed for our short film projects has been abandoned for chaos. Authority has completely slipped away. People come and go as they please. Students turn in work with specific due dates anytime they wish. Film groups sit around doing nothing and wasting time and end up keeping a camera twice as long as suggested to create the necessary shots. I have already been through the filming process, and I do not see where the other groups are getting all of their confusion and scheduling problems. Perhaps they believe that this project, like the online assignments, can be finished whenever it’s convenient. We were only able to shoot for two days, but we were still able to shoot more film than we can probably use. Most people may read this and wonder why I really care. It would seem that the things other groups do will have little direct effect on me, but in a class of that size, confusion reigns. We finished shooting two weeks ago, and we have still been unable to digitize the film we created, because the other groups decide to ignore the clearly outlines rules and not show up to class with the camera we all need. What gives them the right to decide that they just aren’t going to come to class? Shouldn’t there be some kind of repercussion for such things? I’ve never realized how frustrating and unrewarding it is to rely on other people. When it comes down to it, you realize that others don’t give a damn whether their actions negatively affect the goals of others. I hope I can somehow manage to make it through my college life without ending up in another class in which I must so heavily interact with and rely on my peers.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say job well done man. Thanks for all of your great effort.

    ReplyDelete